I love being an orthodontist! Over the past 15-plus years in practice, I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people from all over the world. It has always been my focus to make each patient feel like they are part of my family when they come in for an treatment, and I work hard to give my patients the complete attention they deserve.
I love seeing the transformation not only in people’s smiles but also in their personalities, as often happens with the increased confidence that comes with an attractive smile and proper bite.
My education in dentistry and orthodontics has provided me with a strong foundation of knowledge and experience. Learning isn’t something that ends when school does, but that’s where it starts.
My dental and orthodontic education at the University of Pennsylvania under the mentorship of the late Dr. Robert Vanarsdall, a world-renowned orthodontist and periodontist, has prepared me to treat the most complex multi-disciplinary cases with confidence and success.
Before becoming an orthodontist, I received the following degrees:
- University of Pennsylvania – orthodontic specialty training residency
- University of Pennsylvania – Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- Emory University – bachelor’s degree
- Dr. Schwartz is one of only a few Board Certified Orthodontists in Washington, DC and Rockville, MD. He is especially proud of this achievement as it is very difficult to achieve. Most people falsly believe that all orthodontists are Board Certified and that is entirely false. Most are not!
By regularly participating in continuing education, I am able to stay current on the latest technology and orthodontic treatments. My patients deserve the best, and continuing education allows me to provide them with more options and better results.
I am a member of several professional associations that provide me with opportunities for continuing education.
- Spear Study Club, faculty club
- Seattle Study Club
- Alpha Omega Jewish dental fraternity, past president
- DC Dental Society, past chairman of Annual DC Dental Meeting Exhibits
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
Commitment to Family
I am truly blessed to live and work in such a wonderful community. I enjoy getting to know my patients and their families, and it is always such an honor to know that I have made a difference in so many of my patients’ lives. I couldn’t ask for a better job or for better people to share their smiles with me.
On a personal level, I love spending time with my wife Jennifer, three children, Justin, Madelyn, and Brandon, and my Wheaten Terrier, Bella. I enjoy playing tennis, golfing, hiking, skiing, and cycling. I root for the Wizards, Redskins, and New York Yankees!